Friday, March 30, 2012

Top 5 rides at Disneyland

In a very particular order, here are my favorite rides.

5. The Haunted Mansion - As you step inside an early 1900's cobwebbed filled elevator, you are greeted by the creepy cast members who will assure you that you're in for a fright! I love seeing other people mouthing the words "Is this room actually growing?" The darken, rainy windows convince you that you're in a whole other world of terror. From September to Janurary the ride is transformed to match the Nightmare before Christmas, everything from the songs to entrance is fully decked out for a spooky holiday.

4. Pirates of the Caribbean - This is our first and last stop each time we come here. Jack Sparrow seems so real I was convinced it was an actor who had joined in on the fun. It's a perfect blend of classic Disney with the new Pirate movies.

3. Peter Pan's Flight - The best in Fantasyland by far. You'll ride in little magic pirate ships over London and off to Neverland. Do you know where the hidden mickey is? Big Ben is hiding him!


2. The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - My advice for this ride, go on at night! The views are incredible as the whole park is lit up. I swear it even seems faster at night! The smell of BBQ and corn fills the air as you ride through the wilderness, you always leave ready for a snack! During Christmastime, walk the path that goes around the train towards Fantasyland to meet real Santa's Rrindeer!




1. Splash Mountain - What can I say about this ride other than it is the best thing in the park! When I was really small, I had a tape that I would play on Saturday mornings while I was on my swing set. I would sing as loud as I could to "Zip a dee do da" and loved every minute of it. The classic puppets and songs fill this ride with nastalgia and gives you a feeling like Walt is up there controling the ride himself. For some reason getting soaked is funny and even in 50 degree weather you want the ride to BRING IT ON! It warms my heart that you always hear people histerically laughing after the big drop, it certainly proves that you can be any age to enjoy Disneyland. I love love this ride so much. Rain or shine, night or day it is the top of my list!
You can't see it here, but our friend literally had water dripping from his ears. It was histerical to all but him!

No comments:

Post a Comment